About This File
With today's internet protocols and windows securities an old program like FSHost has become next to impossible to have any usefulness and those of us with a renewed interest in Flight Simulator 2004, want to be able to fly in FSV'S multiplayer group flights.
We want to be inclusive, encouraging all flight simmers whether a person wants to fly FS9, FSX, P3D or X-Plane. We are not going to stop using JonFS, but I would like to encourage our members to download and install DafWings.
- Login ID: is the clsign you use to login to FSVintageAIR.com's website
There's a little more to installing DafWings than JoinFS, but the benefits are worth it.
What is it?
DafWings is a software that allows pilots to connect their Flight Simulator to the DAFSIM network. It is called a “pilot client” because it connects to a “server” in a “Client / Server” mode. The Flight Simulators that are currently managed by DW are: FS2002 (FS8), FS2004 (FS9), FSX, FSX Steam Edition, P3Dv2, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, XPlane 9, XPlane 10 and XPlane 11.
DW can cross-connect all of these different simulators allowing them to see each other. For example, pilots using FSX can see FS2004, FSX, P3D and XPlane users and reciprocally.
On top of that, an open SDK, called DafSync allows easy creation of plugins for DW. Any plugin or application developed for DW will work on all the managed Flight Simulators.
What are the main features it offers?
- Unmatched smoothness: Very fluid and realistic rendering of the traffic around,
- extraordinary rendering for aerobatics, fast barrels, flight formation, air-to-air refueling…
- Integrated Realistic Voice System: No need TeamSpeak or Mumble.
- Optimized CPU / Memory load:, No display frame-rate drop.
- Maintaining visual/contact on the other pilots/ATC’s even in case of server failure
- Open SDK: DafSync to develop your own plugins (TCAS, Radars, Hardware interface…)
Thank you for your cooperation,